Middle Eastern Stuffed Peppers
Prep time: 10 mins./ Cook time: 15 mins./ Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 266 cal, 6g fat (1.8 sat), 39g carbs, 504 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
- 4 medium sweet bell peppers (any color)
- 1/2 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic (jarred)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup precooked brown rice, heated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off peppers, removing seeds and white membranes. Place peppers in a baking pan.
- Cook beef, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until beef is slightly pink (3 to 4 minutes). Add raisins and tomato sauce and cook until mixture is hot (3 more minutes).
- Remove skillet from heat and mix in rice and sliced olives. Divide mixture evenly among peppers and replace tops. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake until peppers are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Turn on the Oscars and enjoy!