Grilled Shrimp with Mango-Lime Salsa
Prep time: 15 mins./ Cook time: 6 mins./ Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 347 cal, 17g fat (2.4 sat), 19g carbs, 193 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
- 1 lb. frozen large shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups diced mango (about 2 fresh mangoes; if using frozen, thaw in microwave)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic (jarred)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray; then heat.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine mango, onion, pepper, lime juice, cumin, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Place shrimp on hot grill and brush with garlic-oil mixture. Cook on each side until they turn pink (2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Place grilled shrimp on a platter and top with salsa.