In The Complete Runner’s Log: A Training Diary and Fitness Guide, author Sean Keogh starts off with a section about why you would want to run. He states: “Taking up running should be an offer you can’t refuse. For the cost of a pair of running shoes you gain membership to a health club that is open 24 hours a day, and never more than a few minutes away. Most importantly, it is a free passport to a side of yourself you may never have enjoyed before – a healthier, more relaxed, more confident you. And running will take you to that new you faster than any other activity.”
The Top 10 Reasons Why I Run:
10. It helps me to set goals.
9. I am able to sense the feeling of accomplishment after the goal is achieved.
8. The post-run feeling is amazing.
7. I feel motived and fit when keeping a daily routine.
6. It allows me to meet great people through training and races.
5. Each finish line crossed = personal moment of priceless joy.
4. It relieves stress and clears the mind.
3. It pushes the limit.
2. It is the way I continue to learn new things about myself.
1. It is always an adventure in running shoes.